Hi there everyone!
Don't you just love the new Lindy's colour combo for April?
Here's my latest creation, a reverse canvas using Lindy's products along with a few stencils and Couture Creations dies and flowers.
These colours are fun, and remind me of spring, so naturally I had to use a butterfly, and some flowers.
So .....would you like to know how I created it? Here's my tutorial!
1. Apply gesso through a variety of stencils, and allow to dry. Repeat the process using texture paste.
2. Mix a very small amount of Magnolia Magenta Gold Magicals into some gel medium and mix well. Add more Magicals if required. Check out the colour change as the magicals are mixed, the intensity of colour is fantastic! Apply using a stencil and allow to dry.
3. Mist canvas slightly with water and spray patches of Pink Ladies Pink, Tilt-a-wheel Teal, and Magnolia Magenta Gold. Allow to dry before spraying Summer Loving Sun so you don't get too much colour mixing.
4. Spray Greased Lightning Green through a leafy stencil and allow to dry.
5. Colour your flowers using a variety of techniques. I altered these ones from Couture Creations by spraying directly (top left), painting the centre and transferring colour to the petals using a baby wipe with a small amount of mist on it (bottom left), spray centre and use baby wipe on outer petals (top right), and just using the baby wipe on raised edges (bottom right).
6. Ink dragonfly, apply Aurora Amethyst embossing powder to the outer wings, and shake off excess.
Sunset Yellow Orange embossing powder and melt using heat gun. Emboss diecut leaves using Oakleaf Olive. Layer your flowers and embellishments on your canvas.
My butterfly was embossed using the technique described above. The quote was embossed with Oakleaf Olive, and the scalloped piece with Tilt-a-wheel Teal embossing powder.
I hope I've inspired you to get creative today.