For this round we are required to create a new project using Couture Creations embossing folders, and either decorative, doily, or nesting dies.
I've included full instructions on how I created this layout.
1. Trim cut-off strip from all papers. Trim 1 1/4 inches from top and one side of Vintage Christmas (blue snowflakes).
3. Emboss the corners using 'Serene', and 'Peace And Joy' embossing folders as shown. Ink the raised pattern.
4. Distress using a Crop-A-Dile, punching small and large holes. Attach a few eyelets to create contrast.
6. Die-cut a doily using Alycyone Doily Die. I found the Quick Release Paper to be awesome, making it really easy to cut and release the paper from the die. I have a great tip for you, because you were probably wondering why I have a washing up brush in the photo! Gently brush over your paper and the dies and it will push out all those tiny pieces of paper. No more endless poking with an awl (aka 'pokey tool').
7. Tear pieces of the doily and slip it between papers as shown.
10. Cut strip of paper 5 3/4 x 2 3/4 inch, and Whitewash 9 x 3 3/4. Notch into ends to create a banner shape. Emboss the Whitewash with 'Pinstripe' embossing folder and sand. Layer elements as shown.
11. Mat photo with Vintage Christmas paper. Die cut some snowflakes from a variety of paper and cardstock.
I also spritzed with some mists, and added Couture Creations Gemstones and Pearls, as well as some Glitzin Glamour 'Crystalina'.
I hope you've enjoyed this tutorial, and that I've inspired you to go create something. (I'd love to see your version, so drop me a link in the comments section if you post it on your blog)