Saturday, January 30, 2016

Vintage with a twist!

Hi everyone!  
I hope you've been enjoying the holiday season and I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.  I'd like to share this layout I created to showcase this photo of my Mum and her sister taken in the 1940's.  I used the Vintage Rose Garden paper range, but added a twist with some mixed media components.



I layered the paper and added some modelling paste, embossing powders and torn strips of paper - some of which have been embossed.


I added mists in blues and greens which really made it pop!


Spray diecuts and allow to dry.


Spray flowers to colour them, I used two colours on mine.


Here is my completed layout!


I embossed the chipboard inserts using Garden Frame embossing folder, and heat embossed the other pieces to create a nice contrast.






Couture Creations Products



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails