Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Tag tutorial for Lindy's Stamp Gang

 
Hi everyone, today I've got a tutorial on how to make this sweet tag.  It's part of a large 60cm by 90cm canvas that I am creating with around thirty tags.  It will be  showcasing a variety of techniques and mediums, but all featuring the gorgeous products by Lindy's, as well as Couture Creations dies.
 
Here's is my tag....
 
 
I sprayed my muslin using "I'm Late, I'm Late Slate" and "C'est la vie Cerise"
(The lace was used on a different tag which I'll show you later on)
 
 
I actually used the Couture Creations "Honeypot" die as a stamp with the "C'est la vie Cerise" spray to create a subtle background layer.  I then stamped a crackle pattern in black ink.  I die cut "Honeypot" and heat embossed the cut using "Angel Wings Gold".  I then attached the muslin and diecut as shown.
 
 
I cut two of the "Classic Vine" die, using one to frame my photo, with the second one layered underneath. This is where I got a bit tricky.  I mixed some "Merry Go Round Green" embossing powder with "Morning Glory Azure" and embossed the top diecut. 
 
 
Then I wanted a slight contrast and to make it darker for depth, so I added a little "Queen Sheba Silver" embossing powder to my custom mix and heat embossed the second diecut. 
(You can see the colour difference in the photo below.)
 
 
And just for a little extra inspiration, here are a few more tags I created using the March Challenge colours.
 
 
Happy scrapping,
Tina
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Tina,
    As always, your work is wonderful and your tags are beautiful. The layout and details on each is awesome. I can't wait to see the canvas with all the tags - such a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are tags are so beautiful.. love them.. look forward to seeing how you use them on the canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those tags --great idea for colouring the ribbon

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails