Monday, March 14, 2011

Birthdays and Blooms

In keeping with our theme of "Birthdays and Blooms" at Artfull Crafts, I thought I'd post a few pics for you.  The first is a card or photo holder ( I haven't decided which yet) using Kaisercrafts Recipe Box.


I used K & Company Que Sera Sera papers, Creative Imaginations rub-on, Prima bling, and lots of flowers, some of which I have spritzed with Glimmer Mist, or applied Stickles, or Diamond Dust.
I will place some photos in the 'windows' once I get them printed.  This project took around 6 hours to make, but I do love how it turned out.

I was using up my scraps with this layout.    It is based on a sketch/recipe from a challenge blog (but I can't find which one, so if you know please leave me a message so I can give them credit)
I made a flower from a strip of muslin, folded in half, using a running stitch to gather it.  I added a button to the centre.  Other flowers were made using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die, I stamped on one with pink ink.

 I hand-dyed a doiley using Glimmer Mist, and used this as a flower with part of my title as its centre.  Dyeing it gives a different look than just spritzing the doiley.  I usually do a batch and dye doileys, old lace, and seam binding.

My next layout is my DT project for Scrappassion Challenge Blog International where we had to make a monochromatic layout with at least four photos.   
There's prizes to be won, by either joining the challenge, or by becoming a follower, so head on over to the blog after you've checked out my pics.
I used a Martha Stewart punch, and I coloured almost everything with Glimmer Mist (I'm sure I told you I love that stuff!)

6 comments:

  1. O MY Word! Everything is stunning! Gorgeous colors and details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exquisite it most definitely is that!!!! Oh my what an awesome job you did on this project. Love it and the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness... your work is just incredible. I love your attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those lace flowers! What a unique and stunning embellishment! great pages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving that box you altered. I just loved that Que Sera collection. I have the 8x8 album from that collection but, can't bring myself to use it. Isn't that crazy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails