Hi, It's Tina here with my "love" blog post for Artfull Crafts! I'm not really one for too much lovey dovey stuff, so I thought I'd tell you a bit about a product that I absolutely love, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. This is seriously gorgeous to work with, plus you can get messy (which is half the fun!)
A few tips...
* It's very easy to clean up, just rinse with water (but the darker/stronger colours will stain your fingers)
* You don't need to use alot. The glimmer starts to show as it dries, so you don't need to soak your paper (which is a common mistake, and wastes alot of the product)
* You can wipe off the excess, but this also wipes off some of the glimmer. This comes down to personal preference.
* Use a cardboard box as a spray booth.
* Press the nozzle quickly for a finer mist or slowly to create more "blobs" when spraying.
If you're wondering which colour to try I'd suggest gold (which goes with everything), or chosing a colour you use often in your scrapping.
Now to show you some of the new goodies Liz has at Artfull Crafts. I painted the Twiddlybitz Filagree shadow box with gesso, then Kaisercraft white paint, then added some Tim Holtz Crackle paint to the front.
Once dry I applied Distress ink to highlight the cracks and then spritzed with Glimmer Mist
I used the Kaisercraft Wooden Flourishes "Magical Butterflies" and sprayed them with Glimmer Mist.
Kaisercraft Paper Blooms, Sullivans mini roses, and Kaisercraft English Rose paper.
Diamond Dust and Distress Stickles to the flowers
diecuts to choose from, and this saying totally suited my project.
Kaisercraft rub-ons added that little bit extra, and are a really nice quality.