Friday, August 6, 2010

Lots happening.

When I opened my local paper this week I was pleasantly suprised to see my youngest daughter's photo with the other age champions for their sports day. Then I found out there was a photo of my other daughter. I must have missed it when I flipped through the paper. She was photographed playing the saxaphone, at their Stage Band fundraiser Trivia night.

I am rather jealous of her right now, as I sit here in the chilly Brisbane weather. She is up in Cairns, on her way to Green Island on the Great Barrier Reef, going in the glass bottom boat and snorkelling. Yesterday she had a fantastic day visiting Tjapukai Aboriginal Park and then took the Sky Rail to Kuranda, explored the art galleries, and caught the steam train back to Cairns. That evening they played with the professional jazz/big band orchestra "Hotshots".

They are spending the next week travelling down the Queensland coast, doing performances (inc. North Qld. Jazz Club, Aust. Festival of Chamber Music)and workshops , with a bit of sight-seeing as well. What an amazing experiance for her.
I've been busy teaching scrapbboking and card classes, so I've taken a few photos of the cards we did yesterday.





These were all done using the gorgeous Smooch inks, and various Cuttlebug embossing folders. Super easy, and they look lovely when you can see the shimmer of the inks (didn't show up too well when I photographed them).
Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like your daughter is having a fab time.

    Loving your cards using the CB folders. I recently got a CB and am trying to get more folders and dies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great, using the CB and highlighting them with such color just makes thema all pop, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful! Great job.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails